Thursday, January 10, 2013
What would an alien's holiday vacation in Hawaii look like? Here are some winning depictions.
by Ariella Jackson, Ma`ema`e Elementary
by Nani Jackson, Ma`ema`e Elementary
by Bridget O'Connor, Mid Pacific Institute
Friday, November 30, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Intergalactic Nemesis Live-Action Graphic Novel
WIN TICKETS TO THE SHOW!
1. On an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, draw what you think an Alien’s Holiday Vacation in Hawaii would look like.
2. Artwork must be original. PUT YOUR NAME ON BACK OF ARTWORK.
3. Submit your entry (artwork and the bottom portion of this form completed) by December 12, 2012 to any of the following locations:
- Aina Haina Public Library
- Hawaii State Library Children’s room
- Kalihi-Palama Public Library
- Kennedy Theatre box office (through December 5 only)
- Manoa Public Library
- Outreach College offices Sinclair Library room 301
4. One winner will be chosen in each of the following groups: K - 2nd grade, 3rd - 5th grade, 6th - 8th grade, 9th - 12th grade, college. Winners will be notified by December 21, 2012. Judges decisions are final.
5. Each winner receives 2 tickets to the January 12th, 2013 performance of Intergalactic Nemesis Live-Action Graphic Novel
6. By submitting an entry, you grant UHM Outreach College permission and full rights to display your artwork. The University is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
Contest is sponsored by UH Manoa Outreach College Community Services Division
firstname.lastname@example.org • 956-8246
Book One: Target Earth
VENUE: UHM Kennedy Theatre, 1770 East-West Rd. Honolulu, HI 96822
EVENT TYPE: Theatre
DATES/TIMES: Saturday, January 12, 2013; 7:30pm
DESCRIPTION: When The Intergalactic Nemesis Live-Action Graphic Novel premiered in 2010, more than 2,100 people turned out. Now, in its inaugural touring season, the production hits 24 venues around the country. This one-of-a-kind all-ages show is not to be missed.
The premise is simple: a period adventure story (with no small share of laughs) featuring Pulitzer-winning reporter Molly Sloan, her intrepid assistant Timmy Mendez, and a mysterious librarian named Ben Wilcott as they face the most serious threat Earth has ever known: an impending invasion of sludge monsters from the planet Zygon.
The telling is what makes the experience of The Intergalactic Nemesis so incredibly unique: while three actors, one Foley artist, and one keyboardist perform all the voices, sound effects and music, more than 1,000 hand-drawn, full-color, hi-rez, blow-your-mind comic-book images blast from the screen, all performed LIVE.
TICKETS: Tickets are available on line at www.etickethawaii.com, by phone at 944-2697, or visit any UH Ticket outlet (Stan Sheriff Center, Rainbowtique Store in Ward Center, and the UH Mānoa Campus Center ticket office). Service charges apply. Advance sales end at midnight the day prior to the performance. At the door sales begin 1 hour before performance begins.
Sponsored in part by the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawai‘i, Mānoa Arts & Minds Series, and the Hawai‘i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts.
Friday, July 27, 2012
There's a wealth of information on the internet about Saint Damien. Here are just a handful:
- The Diocese of Honolulu Website for Saint Damien of Molokai
- Father Damien - Kalaupapa National Historical Park
- Father Damien Virtual Tour
- Saint Damien for Kids
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Name: Dancing Princess Sandy
Name origin: Surfer Dude, Kelli and Kaha’i
Known relatives: Sisters: Mandy, Candy, Brandi, Randi and Dawn. Cousins of Princess Lokelani and Prince Ikaika. Nieces of King Lolo and Queen Kaluna
Group affiliations: Dance partners: Da Six Menehunes / Professional Shoemakers: Manuel and Son Shoe Repair
Education: Fairy Tale University
Special powers or abilities: Sparkly magic smartphones that give us powers to sing & dance!