Friday, June 29, 2012

Happily Eva Afta Actors: Angela Gosalvez

* What brought you to Ohia Productions? While taking Theatre Courses at UH, I met Pat Fujioka and he mentioned an audition for "The Princess and the Iso Peanut in 2010", and I figured to go audition just for fun and... BAM! I became a part of the ohana after being cast in my first Ohia show. At the same time, Tamara Montgomery was my Puppetry Professor and planted the idea of doing the Educational Road Shows that Ohia does, and got me into that aspect of Ohia Productions.

* What do you enjoy the most about being in this production? Getting to be surrounded by such a great group of kind, talented, hilarious, loving people. Hands down. 

* What character do you play and how much of your own personality is in that character? I play the part of Snow Babe, and I'd like to think that some of her fun-loving, bubbly personality comes from parts of my own. Some of her quirks and traits aren't too much of my own, but they're really fun to play around with. 

* What's your favorite musical number in the show? Probably the closing number because it has such a beautiful message and it's a really magical song to sing with everyone all together.

* What do you hope the audience will take with them after seeing the show? A sense of magic and joy! 

* Are you a University of Hawaii alumnus?  If so, what was your major and fondest memory of UH?  If so, what was your major and fondest memory of UH? Yes! Theatre major with a Certificate in French!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera

春暉粵藝工作坊 BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera a production by the Spring Glory Cantonese Opera Workshop (Hong Kong)...