Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happily Eva Afta Actor: Daryl Bonilla


What brought you to Ohia Productions?  I went to see "Once Upon One Time" at Diamond Head Theatre in 1996 and immediately said "That's the type of show I want to do". However anytime they had auditions I usually was already in another show or didn't know when their auditions were. Finally got to be apart of Ohia's educational road shows then got to be apart of one of their mainstage productions in 2005 with "The Adventures of Gary & Harry".
  
What do you enjoy the most about being in this production? Not to sound cliche but when you are in an Ohia show it feels more like a family reunion than a production. Like wearing comfortable clothes, it just "fits". Always such a fun experience with nothing but laughs.

What character do you play and how much of your own personality is in that character?  I play King Lolo who like me is very easy going....and very handsome :) But unlike me he isn't too smart and his memory isn't too good. He tends to forget a lot.

What's your favorite musical number in the show? I have to say my favorite musical number in the show would have to be the very operatic "A Kiss Upon Those Lovely Lips".

What do you hope the audience will take with them after seeing the show?  I hope like me it encourages aspiring young performers to keep theatre going and get their creative juices flowing. We can't do these shows forever so we gotta inspire the next generation to keep it going strong for years to come. These shows are both fun to be apart of and fun to watch.

Are you a University of Hawaii alumnus?  If so, what was your major and fondest memory of UH? I did a little theatre at UH. I was in the Cirque Du Soleil styled "The Comedy of Errors" which was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera

春暉粵藝工作坊 BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera a production by the Spring Glory Cantonese Opera Workshop (Hong Kong)...