Monday, July 2, 2012

Happily Eva Afta Actors: Nolan Hong

* What brought you to Ohia Productions? A friend of mine in the cast back in 2004 asked me to audition and at first I didn’t want to because I didn’t know much about it. I kept blowing it off until the last minute, but once I read the script at the audition for Once Upon One Time, I was hooked and wanted to be in the show so badly! Thankfully I got cast and it’s been on ever since.

* What do you enjoy the most about being in this production? I enjoy the people. The best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They are so fun, generous, amazing, and full of what the true spirit of Aloha really is. Being around them is what I enjoy the most and am so glad I have the chance to call them family.

* What character do you play and how much of your own personality is in that character?
I play Ikaika, the prince who is turned into a gecko and is searching for a kiss from a princess to break the spell. I guess there is a part of my personality in this character in that he’s got a good sense of humor and optimistic (with a little encouragement from others).

* What's your favorite musical number in the show? The final song is without a doubt my favorite because of the emotion that it evokes from me. it represents the spirit of this whole show, where it encourages you to “believe in the magic of the mind”. It also has a huge emotional effect on me as well, as I know that this song will be the last song I sing with this group when we perform on the final performance. Even in rehearsal I get choked up practicing it because it makes me think of the fact that the show will eventually come to an end.

* What do you hope the audience will take with them after seeing the show? Pure Joy.

* Any fun behind the scenes trivia you'd like to share about the show?  It is widely accepted that I am the most talented cast member when it comes to the “cha cha” and “box step” dance maneuvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera

春暉粵藝工作坊 BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera a production by the Spring Glory Cantonese Opera Workshop (Hong Kong)...