Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happily Eva Afta Actor: Daniel Kawamoto


What brought you to Ohia Productions?  I enjoy speaking in front of people, so being on stage has always been a "bucket list" type of experience for me. My friend, Nolan Hong (Prince Ikaika) had been in several Ohia Productions, and he invited me to try out!
  
What do you enjoy the most about being in this production?  The cast is absolutely fantastic. Not only is everyone amazingly talented, they're also hilarious. I didn't expect to laugh so much and to have as much fun as I'm having.

What character do you play and how much of your own personality is in that character?  I play the Surfer Dude. At first glance, it seems a far cry from the real me, but I think there are some similarities. We're both pretty laid back and don't take the world too seriously. And we both say "like" a lot.

What's your favorite musical number in the show?  Wow, this one changes from week to week. But I really enjoy Ikaika and Lokelani's duet.

Any fun behind the scenes trivia you'd like to share about the show?  I didn't have a surf board for rehearsals until the very end. So I used all sorts of objects as a stand in, including a broom, a traffic cone, and some kid's old science fair display.

What do you hope the audience will take with them after seeing the show?  I hope the audience leaves with a great, big smile on their face.

Are you a University of Hawaii alumnus?  If so, what was your major and fondest memory of UH?  Not an alum, but I do have season tickets to UH football! Go Warriors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera

春暉粵藝工作坊 BACKSTAGE at the Cantonese Opera a production by the Spring Glory Cantonese Opera Workshop (Hong Kong)...